Miss Belarus is an official beauty contest in Belarus. It started in early 1998 and run each 2 years. Organisers are Ministry of Culture, the ONT channel, and the National School of Beauty.
“Miss Belarus” is the pride and property of the nation. For the first time the contest was held in 1998 and from that moment it is held every 2 years. This contest became the launching pad for many Belarusian girls who have achieved success, through participation in the contest.
Only girls with good physical characteristics, who meet the following requirements, can participate in the contest “Miss Belarus”:
- having the citizenship of the Republic of Belarus and permanently live on the territory of the country (regardless of place of study, work)
- aged 18 to 24 years inclusively at the date of the final contest
- higher than 174 cm inclusively
- have no tattoos and body piercings
- never married
- ave no children
Interesting Facts about Miss Belarus contest
- Grodno region has the biggest number of beauties in Belarus. 3 queens were born there.
- A significant advantage remains for brunettes: 8 out of the top 11 women of the country have dark hair.
- Olgas were crowned most often.
- The tallest model, Miss Belarus Olga Khizhinkova, is of 186 cm high.
- Miss Maria Vasilevich knows how to pilot a plane.
- Miss Belarus Polina Borodacheva donated her SUV to the orphanage after she wined the crown.
Besides the precious crown, the winners are awarded with special prizes. The first Miss Belarus Svetlana Kruk received $ 300 and an electric kettle in 1998. Great gifts for that time.
“Miss Belarus” Maria Vasilevich entered the TOP-5 of the most prestigious beauty contest “Miss World” and won the title “Miss World Europe”. This is the best result of participating in this competition.
Miss Belarus winners
|Miss Belarus – 1998||Svetlana Kruk||Hrodna|
|Miss Belarus – 2000||Hanna Stychinskaya||Mahilew|
|Miss Belarus – 2002||Volha Hevdah||Brest|
|Miss Belarus – 2004||Volha Antropova||Polatsk|
|Miss Belarus – 2006||Katsyaryna Litvinova||Mahilew|
|Miss Belarus – 2008||Volha Khizhinkova||Vistebsk|
|Miss Belarus – 2010||Lyudmila Yakimovich||Hrodna|
|Miss Belarus – 2012||Yuliya Skalkovich||Brest|
|Miss Belarus – 2014||Viktoria Mihanovich||Smarhon|
|Miss Belarus – 2016||Palina Paradacheva||Minsk|
|Miss Belarus – 2018||Maria Vasilevich||Minsk|